AVENT Manual Breast Pump Review – Does It Work?

Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump (On-The-Go) Review

Description:

The Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump, On-The-Go (see it here) is the newer model of the AVENT ISIS, offering a convenient on-the-go microfiber travel bag. Also included is an extra 4-ounce bottle, and an extra-soft newborn flow nipple, as well as a spare part, and two cool packs. The Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump is designed for the on-the-go Mom, offering a comfortable and efficient way to express breast milk for your little one.

The AVENT Manual Breast Pump’s soft breast shield has 5 cushion petals that flex in and out, gently massaging your breast, and mimicking a baby’s natural sucking motion, triggering let-down. Because this pump is a manual, you decide how fast you want to go, therefore you can match your rhythm to that of your baby’s natural rhythm, providing more efficiency, and a better milk flow.

This breast pump is quiet and easy to use. It offers a comfortable handle with easy grip, and it’s a breeze to assemble. You can use it anywhere, at any time. The on-the-go travel bag and cool packs will allow you to keep your expressed milk cool for hours. With the AVENT Manual Breast Pump, you can pump, store, and feed all with the same container, that way you won’t need to transfer the milk and take the chance of losing a single drop.

AVENT Manual Breast Pump Features:

  • Soft breast shield with 5 petal massaging cushions
  • Comfortable, easy-grip handle
  • Manual pump lets you match your baby’s natural rhythm
  • 1 bottle stand/funnel cover
  • 2 four-ounce containers with 1 sealing disc
  • Dome cap
  • Newborn flow nipple
  • On-the-go microfiber insulated travel bag
  • Smaller bag for storing breast milk
  • Two cool packs
  • Spare part
  • Instructional Guide

 

AVENT Manual Breast Pump Reviews:

As far as reviews go, the Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump did pretty well. Most of the reviewers, 86%, were extremely satisfied, however, the other 14%  were not so satisfied.

A few complained that the suction was not good enough, or that it lost suction after continued use. Another reviewer complained that the AVENT Manual Breast Pump squeaked when she used it, therefore making it impossible to use discreetly. One reviewer claimed the same squeaky problem, however, she also found that if you add a dab of Vaseline right where it’s squeaking, it solves the problem. The number one complaint that I found was that the AVENT Manual Breast Pump container leaked once detached from the pump. A few of the reviewers even found a way to jerry rig it so that it won’t leak.

Other than that, most of the reviewers were extremely pleased, even pleasantly surprised by the amount of suction, and the ease of use. Many stated that the Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump was not only the best manual breast pump they’ve ever used but that it was the only breast pump that they will ever use, electric pumps included.

In conclusion, the On-The-Go AVENT Manual Breast Pump is affordable, easy to use, convenient, comfortable, and efficient.

The Good
  • Affordable Price
  • 5 petal cushion breast shield is extremely gentle
  • The handle is comfortable and easy to grip
  • Manual pump, so the control is in your hands
  • Lightweight and easy to travel with
  • Quiet and discreet
The Bad
  • Suction may not be enough if you’re used to an electric breast pump
  • May loose suction and squeak after continued use – just like any product, it must be maintained, and you may need to purchase new parts.
  • Breast milk container leaks once detached from the pump